My goal is always to get your case dismissed!
Make the smart decision and contact The Law Offices of Shaya Markovic, P.A. and you could save yourself thousands of dollars. My office will fight the debt collector on your behalf and aggressively work to resolve your case. Contact my office for a free consultation at (786) 529-2176 if you:
- have been sued by a debt collector;
- have been sued for credit card debt;
- found out you have a judgment against you;
- had your wages or bank account has been garnished;
- received phone calls or communications from debt collectors.
- If you have been sued you have twenty days to respond to the lawsuit or you may get a default judgment against you and lose your case.
- Even if you owe the money claimed by the debt collector, you can still win the case! It is the debt collectors responsibility to prove you owe the money alleged in their lawsuit. If they can’t prove you borrowed the money then you can win your case. Other defenses that may be raised includes bankruptcy and statute of limitations.
- If the debt collector loses the case or they don’t win the amount sued for, then you may be able to sue them for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Once you hire an attorney, debt collectors are more willing to resolve the case for less than the amount they sued for in their lawsuit. The reason for this is that they would rather accept less than have to be involved in litigation for the months, if not years.
If you or a family member has been sued for credit card debt contact my office at (786)529-2176 for a free case evaluation. My office is open late and on the weekends and is available for phone consultations as needed.